Chinese In North America(北美华人e网)

注册
返回列表 12345678» / 9
发新话题 回复该主题

[玩转职场]

1#

My Stories in the CPA firm (stories are on page 1))

Unfortunately I could not post in Chinese using this computer. I have been w/ my first job, one of the big four firms for 4 and half years.  During these years, I cried many times and most of them are for work.  I have made a few great friends.  I will talk about their stories together with mine.  I am hoping these stories will help the younger folks who are working in tax, especially the ones in the big four.  Btw, I do like to tell stories. 

A little bit background about me: I came to US as a dependant F2 right after I gratudated from an average Colleage.  My English was and still is very poor that I stayed at home every day to avoid speaking English.  I only occationally went to a Church close to my apartment as they had a free English program for people like me.  From that free program, I met many F2 dependants like me.  I  like to talk to them.  But I was very shy and quiet in front of other people. Now I know the reason is I lacked of self-confidence then.  I was especially shy in front of my hubby's friends... I remember once, one of my hubby's friends said to me "Summer, why did you come here?  You do not seem to be happy here.  Do you regrete coming here?"  As I know, for most of my F2 friends, they enjoyed their life.  I was the only one who was not happy.  I lost control of my life for the first time...I probably had depression during that year.  I called my parents saying I wanted to go back.  My Mom said "come back then."  My Dad said "No, you should not come back."  

My hubby is the most critical person who changed my life.  He is more practical comparing to me.  He changed how I see the world. 

Now my stories in big four.

The first day I started working, I was late.  I felt so bad when I entered the room.  So many eyes stared at me.  I saw my name was in the front row.  Crap~ I had to pass many people to get to my seat.  So excuse me, excuse me, after many excuse me, I sat down uneasily.  5 minutes later, another girl pushed the door and enterred.  She is pretty and she sat beside me.  After the seminar, I started talking to the girl and knew her name is Al.  We immediately became friends.  Then one girl called my name, I turned around, an Asian girl.  We later on became best friends in the firm.  Her name is Mary.  Having friends anywhere is important.  However, it is an A+ to have friends in Big Four.  Because you abosolutely need them, when you are stuck with a technical question; when you want someone to vent your emotions out; when you want career advice......

Being a manager is hard, especially during this transition period.  I am hoping I could go through another 6 months which will be my next goal.  I am not officially a manager yet.  I keep motivating myself.  Sometimes it is really hard, especially I do not speak good English and know little about American culture.  Even though I always meet good people, today is one of the exceptions.  I asked one director at a client site a question today.  She responded "I do not have time to educate you".  I was so mad.  But I had to hide that and just responded that I would check it.  Later on, I checked with my boss what that terminology means.  My boss said she just learned what that is.  That terminology only applies to that client.  I did not tell the boss what happened.  But I left the client early afternoon and still do not feel good about it... Tomorrow, I will still have to go there.

[此贴子已经被作者于2012/7/23 20:24:21编辑过]

转发
2#

if not, I will work harder in the coming physical year... making manager in the big four is my biggest dream in my career. 

3#

if yes, I will post my past 5 years' experience and share all my thoughts in big four.
4#

bless!!!!!
5#

bless~~
春天的花开秋天的风
6#

bless....good luck
7#

thank you all for the support.  The round table is over but nobody has disclosed anything yet.  I guess it is not final.  I have to wait for 2 weeks in order to find out. 

8#

hope you make it
9#

good luck!
春天的花开秋天的风
10#

bless bless
发新话题 回复该主题