Chinese In North America(北美华人e网)

注册
发新话题 回复该主题

1#

“几天后,我要埋葬我的女儿,埋葬我的父亲...”

A mother has shared a heartbreaking photo highlighting the devastating impact cancer has on families.
Ally Parker's five-year-old daughter is fighting a losing battle against an aggressive form of brain cancer, while her father is terminally-ill with a motor neuron disease.
The mother from Florida now faces the grim prospect of having to bury both her daughter and father within weeks of each other.
So she uploaded a gut-wrenching photo to Facebook on Sunday showing her father, Sean Peterson, wailing by his granddaughter's hospital bed.      

The sheer expression of agony on his face conveys a pain the whole family is forced to endure.

On December 6, Braylynn Lawhon was diagnosed with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma - the most deadly form of brain cancer which has no cure and no survival rate, according to The Daily Advertiser.

And her condition has deteriorated as doctors battle to treat her illness.
Parker posted about the little girl's plight in a bid to raise awareness.
'We all thought that they would outlive the rest of us...and we certainly never thought that my precious little Braylynn would be the first to go,' Parker wrote in her Facebook post.
'Last year was hard for us, but I can't even begin to explain how difficult this year will be and has already been.
'In a few days I will have to bury this beautiful little girl. Months, maybe even weeks, later, I will have to bury my father.'  
'Both of my heroes, gone, within the same year,' she continues. 'How could this happen to us? What did any of us do to deserve THIS?
'Why do they have to leave us? What are we supposed to do? I refuse to believe that there is a reason for this. This world is a terrible place.'
The Pensacola family was given a glimmer of hope after hearing about revolutionary experimental treatment in Mexico.

Heart-warming moment homeless boy gets new home

最后编辑jojo喵 最后编辑于 2018-01-12 19:54:28
转发
2#

第一张看的心疼啊
3#

太可怜了
4#

看着太难过了。好可怜。
陪你去看毛新宇落在这地球上。。。
5#

好难过!太可怜了。。。不能想象这种痛!
6#

看着真难过
7#

很难受 不能看这种类型的
8#

DIPG, 去年一年在facebook上有公共主页的,就走了200个孩子,没在facebook上的肯定还有。这是我见过的最绝望的病了。生病的多是孩子,一个月前还是快快乐乐的一家子,一个月后孩子就被判了死刑,存活率几乎是零。好好的孩子,慢慢的眼睛不能聚焦,说不清话,不能走路,不能动手,最后不能吞咽,呼吸,最残忍的是全过程孩子的脑子始终是清醒的。30多年里,治疗手段完全没有进步,放疗暂时缓解,然后就送回家make memory了。放疗过程中需要服用大量激素,孩子的体重几十磅的长,外貌变化太大太可怜了。这病在全世界都是绝症中的绝症。

因为所谓的罕见,政府根本没有funding搞研究,都是靠失去孩子的家庭募捐资助少数几个实验室。我一直想,如果有一天我能够不担心funding,自由选择研究项目,我一定选择研究DIPG.
9#

最近不是在试验性用Farydak治疗DIPG确实很贵8800一盒(六粒)
10#

最近不是在试验性用Farydak治疗DIPG确实很贵8800一盒(六粒)
SubDivision2006 发表于 1/12/2018 8:57:45 PM
      目前大家都想去墨西哥治疗,对有些孩子很有效,但也有不少孩子去治了还是没救回来。治疗费用很高,一次30000刀,而且医生不肯说到底给孩子什么药。美国国内的各种trial,数据不够,看着promising的很少很少。
发新话题 回复该主题