Chinese In North America(北美华人e网)

注册
发新话题 回复该主题

1#

果然婚礼就是烧钱,不论对新人还是宾客

Georgina Childs, 30, has had enough of forking out as a result of being a wedding guest.

The PR account manager from Woodford, Essex, got herself into £2,000 of debt and had to move back in with her with parents after attending 20 weddings and 12 hen dos in four years.

She says: “I shudder when the invite arrives. I wish I could say no — but how do you tell your friends you just don’t think their wedding is within your budget?

Since the summer of 2014, Georgina has spent £6,465 on weddings and £2,785 on hen dos — for a grand total of £9,250.

“from 2014, invites started arriving thick and fast. My calendar was getting booked up and money was pouring out. I started to panic. It felt like all the other guests could afford things like staying in a nice hotel or chipping in for the joint gift and I couldn’t.

“There was a pressure to keep up. By 2016, the only way to do that was to put hotel costs and drinks on a credit card. But I struggled to pay it off. I kept adding hotel reservations, train bookings and flights.

“In November last year, I had £1,550 on a credit card and was £800 into my overdraft. I tried to keep costs down by booking Airbnbs and borrowing outfits but it still kept increasing.”

Georgina has also been a bridesmaid seven times.

She says: “The trouble with being a bridesmaid is the cost shoots up.

As well as the ceremonies, Georgina has been on 12 hen dos, five in ­London, two in Spain and the rest around the UK.

“That’s what I was paying in rent each month.” It’s little wonder, then, Georgina has taken the drastic step of moving out of her London home and back in with her parents to save money.

She says: “In the end, something had to give. There was only one day a month when my bank balance was in the black. I had no life.

“Even when I arrived at my parents’ there were two new invites waiting for me. I’d love to set a limit of only attending one or two weddings a year, just to give my bank balance a chance to recover.

“But that won’t happen any time soon — only half of my friends are hitched. You can’t ever say to someone ‘No, thanks’.

这参加婚礼都参加出债务出来了,但是感觉自己没那么烧钱啊...大家也是参加一次婚礼就买一件礼服么?
转发
浮世三千,吾爱有三。
日、月与卿。
日为朝,月为暮,卿为朝朝暮暮。
2#

我参加过一个富二代的婚礼,10万美金的budget。 这还是他们毕竟低调的,没有大张旗鼓的高。
3#

这花费难道都要客人自己付的吗?
4#

回复 1楼CharlotteZoe的帖子

看照片她每次都穿一套不同的礼服,知道钱少就不能节约点么?
5#

搞不懂,maid的礼服不是应该新娘付吗?
6#

搞不懂,maid的礼服不是应该新娘付吗?
mof2 发表于 4/16/2018 10:00:34 AM
不是的,伴郎伴娘的礼服自己出钱买或租。新郎新娘出钱的很少
7#

感觉她太包子了
8#

伴郎伴娘的礼服是自己买的,我当过伴娘,买的是新娘指定的裙子。后来我结婚的时候没有要求一定要买什么裙子,就要求了颜色要一样,我的伴娘最多花了20美元。请的客人也是大部分在当地的。其实当时我们都找到别的地方的工作快要搬走了,就是为了大家方便而选择在当地办的。

真正的好朋友,能来参加婚礼就很好了,还管你穿什么,她这个就是为了面子吧。
最后编辑pjq27 最后编辑于 2018-04-16 11:09:40
9#

这就是打肿脸充胖子了吧,没钱还非要飞过去参加。直接说没有空不能参加呗。又不是当地的你不能推。
10#

真是啊 给四对bridal party买了裙子西服…
外地飞来的给包了酒店…
断舍离
发新话题 回复该主题