Junior Modeler is urgently needed. Will sponsor H1-B.
Location: NJ, Morristown. See job description below. Please contact me directly via email email@example.com ( number1 before @).
1-2 year relevant experience is ideal, we accept fresh graduates too.
Good opportunity. Hurry up .
The Quantitative Strategies team (QS) delivers model development, research and analysis to support Business Capital in 3 objectives:
• Building and supporting models for Commercial Banking
• Building and supporting models for regulatory requirements
• Build tools & process enhancements and identifying opportunities to automate parts of model development and contribute to infrastructure, tool, or process improvement to enable efficiencies on the team
• Ad-hoc quantitative support for other areas in the organization
The role will primarily focus on supporting model development and Big Data/Machine Learning initiatives
• Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) required in Quantitative Finance, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or other quantitative-oriented disciplines
• 3+ years of experience developing/validating statistical and financial models
• Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment, particularly technology, internal controls, and project management teams
• Demonstrated ability to effectively organize tasks, manage time, set priorities and deadlines
• Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem-solving ability required
• Functional with database development, maintenance, and extraction of data
• Advanced programming skills in one of the following - R, SAS, MATLAB or Python
• Knowledge of Model Risk Management Regulatory Guidance (SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12)
• Experience in CECL/DFAST environment is desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to reach the best possible results without compromising the work quality
• Understand technical issues in statistical modeling, including theoretical assumptions and methodology limitations, data pitfalls, model sensitivities, simulation approaches or scenario analyses for low-default portfolios, and applying these skills toward providing robust solutions to business problems
• Team-work oriented and strong presentation skills
• Results oriented